A MAN must have said that
I'm not sure who said that pregnancy is the most beautiful time in their life...I definitely don't think so. For those woman who do thoroughly enjoy their pregnancies and do find it the most beautiful time in their lives....congrats and I'm so happy you experience it that way.
ME....not so much.
The first half was plagued by constant nausea and throwing up- even with the wonders of modern medicine called Diclectin. The toilet bowl and I were very good friends for a good 4 months. My hairdresser said to me that she threw up so bad she thought she'd pee herself and did on an occasion or two. Whew! So, glad I'm not the only one! Most times (ok, almost every time) I sat over the toilet with my legs crossed (if I had enough time getting there to do that!) because I was puking so hard I would've peed myself completely if I hadn't already emptied my bladder...Kegals or not they weren't helping at that point! Good thing for maxi liners for those small slips! So, if you are reading this, nope you aren't the only one!
Then that got better and I enjoyed a month or two where pregnancy was good but I still wouldn't say the most beautiful time in my life. Face was still dry, hair was dry and clothes just don't fit as nice but feeling the baby move more was enjoyable and an amazement each time I felt a kick. And now in trimester three...at 32 weeks- I'm already ready to be done! Those kicks don't feel as nice in the ribs, the clothes definitely don't fit as nice and the pain from this baby sitting or pinching my sciatic nerve is enough some days to want to perform a c-section on myself! Monday I felt as if someone had kicked me in the groin and the lower back I was so uncomfortable. Which means that sleep is not happening that much. I forgot about the last trimester insomnia I had at times with Katie...Sunday night i was up from midnight to 2:30 am- and I mean wide awake! Between being uncomfortable and I think the pregnant woman's mind thinking of all she wants/needs to get done before the baby comes makes it difficult to sleep. God's sense of humor is quite funny...you would think the last few months/weeks before the baby arrives He would let you sleep in wonderful, blissful slumber for all the sleepless nights you will have once the baby arrives. Obviously it's His preparation as some would call if for the sleepless night ahead but like I said, very odd sense of humor.
Anyways, life isn't that bad. I'm just ready to hold my baby in my arms pretty soon. Anxious to know whether this little one is a girl or a boy, anxious to to hear that newborn cry, anxious to snuggle him or her into my shoulder and take in that new baby smell. But before that, I do have a lot to do so as much as I want him/her to come, I need a bit more time to get ready. Maybe I should go get on that now!!

2 Comments:
Amen and Amen! I so hear ya!
By
Amanda Franks, at 12:49 a.m.
I sit here reading this blog at 3:00 am and only in my second trimester...Lord help me in my third if I'm not sleeping now!
Christa :|
By
Anonymous, at 3:03 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home