Moving along
- Prime and paint the spare bedroom
- Choose colors for our accent wall in our bedroom and the niche and the front entrance
- Sand the deck
- Stain the deck
- Pick out patio equipment and a new BBQ (our bbq is so ready for recycling!!)
- Decide on blinds/window coverings (most of our house windows face southwest!)
- Go pick out a couch and furrniture for the living room downstairs
- Finish decorating Katie's room
- Hang up wall hangings
- Paint the garage floor
- Landcape our 1/3 of an acre lot! (the biggest I left for last!)
Those are just the main things, not including all the little things like put up house numbers on the house...all the fun little things you have to do when moving into a newly built home. But slow and steady it will go and sure enough it will all get done eventually.
Enjoying the heat but we got a little too much last week- Katie had a touch of heatstroke and then possibly picked up a virus of some sort and had a fever for 2 days and didn't eat for a couple of days. That's why I wonder if it was a virus on top of a little heatstroke perhaps. Then she proceeded to get a rash so when we went to her 18 month shots yesterday the nurse said she might have even had a touch of baby measles. But she is better now but it made for a long camping trip. We were supposed to leave Friday after Jose was done work but with a fever of still over 39 at 6 pm we decided to stay home just in case we needed to run to the hospital for anything. So, Saturday morning we headed out to Rocky Mountain house for our 4th annual camping trip with our good friends Wes & Anne Vanderleeuw. 2 pregnant women, a cranky toddler and we've decided that next year with 2 more little ones and Katie that we'll probably fore-go the camping and do a cabin in the mountains for the weekend. We'll all be more comfortable sleeping and little ones might like that more than a tent...that is unless we get a trailer or camper or something of that sort instead. By the time we headed off towards home Sunday afternoon I was more than ready to come home. It was a good weekend and I'm glad we went but I was also very glad to come home.
Other than that, just waiting to hear from Jose's parents about their visa and then we'll hopefully know when they are coming. They were supposed to come next weekend (21st) but since they haven't gotten word yet, we''ll probably push it back 2 weeks or so. Look forward to seeing them and having them see Katie.
In baby news, I'm 16 weeks along and have definitely started showing a bit. Can't hide it anymore! I pulled out the maternity/fat pants...I can still fit in my jeans, etc but they just aren't comfortable anymore even being low rise so I figured I mine as well haul out the maternity clothes from downstairs. Went to see the obstetrician for the first time yesterday and so far so good...good blood pressure, decent weight (we won't go there!) and heartbeat at 150 beats/min. Even with throwing up and getting bigger I wasn't second guessing this pregnancy, but it's nice to get the reassurance from hearing our little peanut's ticker!
Anyways, Katie is still asleep so I think I'm gonna try and get a few minutes of sun outside before she wakes up. I'll leave you with a few pics from our adventures at the park and our camping trip last weekend.
(Supper time at the campsite...Katie chowing down on pickles!)
(Chillin' by the fire)
(Hanging out with daddy in the tent!)
(Happy while we try to pack up the campsite)
(Not so happy anymore! She's so ready to go home! Definitely not smiling like her shirt says!)
(With mom....boy, mom sure needs a shower!)
(At the petting zoo near the campsite...totally scared of the cow! Grandpa Brown would be very disappointed that so far she's not interested in becoming a farmer like him!)

(Letting dad get a little closer to the bigger animals there!)
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting
(playing in the tent while we try to clean up but obviously very tired!)

2 Comments:
Where the heck did you find a 1/3 acre lot?
By
Anonymous, at 1:00 p.m.
I know we lucked out...we had first hand knowledge when it came up- pays that Jose works for the builder. WE are are in a corner pie lot in a cul-de-sac in Macewan, SW edm. Not quite an acreage but till we eventually get out there we won't complain!
By
Angela, at 1:34 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home