Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Princess for a day!


Happy 1st Birthday Katie!

Truth be told, she's princess every day in this household. Actually, yesterday was the big day. It was such a busy day and fun-filled evening I didn't get a chance to post anything so I am today and I have pictures! It was a great evening with about 20 friends and family here to celebrate the big day with us. The house was full of lots of food and laughter.

(the yummy cupcakes!)

We ate wonderful nibblies, sang happy birthday to the princess and then went downstairs to indulge in a little piñata breaking! Of course, Katelyn decided yesterday that she would fight for her lunchtime nap meaning she cried for 1 1/2 hours before she finally slept for 25 minutes at noon. She was getting kinda cranky around 5:15 so I begged Jose to take her for a drive before the party started at 6:30. I figured that even if she slept for 15 minutes, it would help her get through the evening. Of course, not a wink. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. So, we got her changed into her party attire (from abuelita over in Panama) and then guests started arriving.

She didn't do too bad but after a little food she was starting to get a little irritable so I told Jose we had better sing 'Happy Birthday' before the piñata so if she didn't last too long much longer into the evening, at least we got to sing.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


We made it through the singing (albeit no smiles) and yummy cupcake eating!


Then it was off to the basement for the piñata fun. Our friend Melissa was kind enough to make us this piñata. She has lots of experience making them from back in Panama. She made us Rolie Polie Olie. Katelyn's favorite cartoon.

(while we were still having fun)

So I was mentioning fun. Not so fun. At least for Katie. She cried. Everytime somebody took a swing at it. She cried. Then she cried a bit louder. After the kiddies had their swings, it was time for the adults to go at 'er.
(notice the broom handle in the picture? It used to be straight. Then it broke in 2 pieces...I guess I'm off the hook from sweeping floors?!)


She made it so strong though that NO one was able to break it so they finally just poke a hold in it and let the candy out.


After this was all done, Katelyn's second wind hit (after all that pink icing!) and she was happy enough to open up her presents. But she was just as interested in playing with her boyfriend Judah though.

Today was cleanup day...the remmants of the party everywhere. But it was good times.
Happy Birthday to my big girl- hard to believe you are one year old already! Time flies! But I wouldn't trade a moment of it! I love you Katelyn!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home