Human Jungle Gym

So, this is what I feel like these days. A 14-hour jungle gym. Basically when's Katie's not sleeping, she's crawling all over me, pulling up on my pants (and if I am wearing sweats I better have done the drawstring or they are down at my ankles!!). It's cute in the morning- ah , the love she has for her momma! But ask me at 4 or 5 pm in the afternoon...and it's not so cute anymore! Thursday afternoon I was so ready to go back to work already! Does it make me a bad mother if sometimes I just wish she wasn't around? Sometimes I think those are horrible thoughts. Not that I don't want her around...I just don't want her crawling all over me. It's bad enough that I don't seem to get much done but when my personal space is in constant invasion, then I just want and wish that she'd play beside me, not ON me. And I think when I leave for a bit, it makes me a better mother. I love going out now for a bit- just having some time to myself or with other adults. But what I love the best about going out is coming home. That might seem like a paradox but actually it's not. Nothing beats having some well-deserved adult time and then coming through the door and having your most precious thing in the world get a huge goofy grin on her face and eyes all lit up when she sees you, crawling as fast as her little legs can take her!!

2 Comments:
I remember when both of my kids went through that stage. Serious attachment issues. It won't last forever.
PS. Thank you so much for your encouraging words for me and our new baby girl. It's much appreciated.
Christy
By
Christy and Dustin, at 3:35 p.m.
You should get it on video and put it up on your site. I think all moms need a break every once and while and then, when you return, you are semi-refreshed and ready to get at it again.
By
Amy A., at 7:30 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home