Thursday, August 10, 2006

Super Mom...Super Me

Whew! What a day- I'm pooped! Did I work hard today or what? But it sure feels good to have so much done. Yup, another day, another dollar.....oh wait, that's right, I'm not getting paid for this job!!

My day started out pretty slow but I dragged myself out of bed to feed a hungry little girl and change her before I downed my first cup of coffee...it was not long after that when I decided I needed another one to get me through the day. But after many hours of toil, here's thirteen things I did this Thursday:

1. Swept the floors.
2. Mopped the floors.
3. Vacuumed the entire house.
4. Sorted Katelyn's outgrown baby clothes to lend to my sister.
5. Dusted the whole house.
6. Cleaned all the bathrooms.
7. Cleaned and organized under all the bathroom sinks.
8. Cleaned out and organized the medicine cabinet.
9. Sorted through old clothes and dropped them to Goodwill.
10. Organized my walk-in-closet.
11. Went grocery shopping and put away groceries.
12. Started sweeping out the garage.
13. Stared organizing old photos to go into albums.

This does not include the usual:
- Make Jose's lunch for him
- Feed a hungry baby
- Play with Katie and sing songs with her
- Make supper and clean up
- Give Katie a bath and put her to bed.

I'm sure there is more but my brain is so tired from all this I'm sure I've forgotten some things! It's funny how I can get all those 13 things done (along with the other ones mentioned!) all the while entertaining a 7 month old! And yet, when I go out to get a few groceries and leave Katie with daddy, I come home to a crying baby who hasn't been bathed, changed, and supper dishes are still on the table and pots with leftovers still on the stove! I guess that's why mom's are the better multi-taskers! I feel like Super Mom...and, yes, today I think I deserve that title!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home